warehouse Cheesemonger (full time)
We are looking for a full-time cheesemonger to join our team to work primarily in our Wholesale Department and partly within Retail.
The position available involves 4 days each week on the preparation and packing of cheese orders with our wholesale department at our warehouse in Bermondsey. This role is an opportunity to learn about the production, selection and maturation of cheese & will eventually develop into a more focused orientation within the wholesale sales & orders team. One day a week will be spent working at our shop & markets in South East London to gain greater knowledge of our cheeses.
Sharing our enormous enthusiasm for cheese & customer service are the most essential criteria for success.
Responsibilities - Wholesale (4 days per week)
· Preparing and packing cheese orders for despatch to wholesale customers
· Providing excellent customer service by managing orders accurately and answering queries relating to cheese and/or logistics etc
· Organisation and cleaning of the warehouse in compliance with our systems and HACCP
Responsibilities - Retail (1 day per week)
· Sales of cheese to our retail customers at any of our four sites.
· Building great displays and taking the utmost care of cheese on the stall so that it reaches the customer’s plate in the best condition
· Organisation and cleaning of the stall in compliance with our systems and HACCP
Required Skills and Qualities
· A love of cheese and interest in how it is made and moved from production to plate
· Transferable experience in the food & drink industry is preferred
· Good communication: excellent verbal and written English. Fluent French is an advantage.
· Good IT Skills required
· Attention to detail, reliability, positivity and professionalism are all essential qualities
· A full, clean UK driving license and experience driving in London is preferred
· Full time position over 5 days each week including Saturdays or Sundays
· Working outdoors, in all weathers, lifting heavy cheese and equipment. Some early starts.
· Permanent position requiring a minimum commitment of 1 year
£18,000 - 23,000 dependent on experience
To apply please email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com