work with US
Part-Time Vacancy - Cheesemonger
Mons Cheesemongers is a small business specialising in sales of farmhouse and traditional cheese from France and Switzerland. We retail from four sites in London: East Dulwich, Borough Market, Brockley Market and at our warehouse in Bermondsey. We are looking for a part-time cheesemonger.
The position available is to join our experienced retail team, serving cheese directly to our wonderful retail customers. In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn about the production, selection and maturation of cheese. To share our enormous love of cheese is the most essential criteria for success.
Responsibilities - Retail (2-3 days per week)
· Sales of cheese at our retail sites
· Building great displays
· Taking the utmost care of cheese on the stall so that it reaches the customer’s plate in the best condition
· Organisation and cleaning of the stall in compliance with our systems and HACCP
Required Skills and Qualities
· A love of cheese and interest in how it is made and moved from production to plate
· Transferable experience in the food & drink industry is preferred but not essential
· Good communication: excellent verbal and written English
· Fluent French is an advantage
· Attention to detail, reliability, positivity and professionalism are all essential qualities
· A full, clean UK driving license and experience driving in London is preferred
· 1 year minimum commitment
· Part- time position 2 days each week – including Saturdays or Sundays
· Working outdoors, in all weathers, lifting heavy cheese and equipment. Shifts can include weekends and early starts.
To apply please email a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To discuss the position before applying, feel free to call us on 020 7064 6912